Training & Materials
Expect Respect® Program Manual
The Program Overview summarizes research on teen dating violence prevention and describes the Expect Respect Program.
Part I: Expect Respect Support Group Curriculum and Facilitator Guide
(24 group sessions)
Expect Respect groups serve vulnerable youth who have experienced violence in their homes or dating relationships. Support groups help teens heal from past abuse, learn skills for healthy relationships, and prevent future victimization and perpetration.
Part II: SafeTeens Youth Leadership Curriculum and Facilitator Guide
The SafeTeens curriculum empowers youth to become role models and leaders in preventing dating violence, sexual harassment, and bullying.
Part III: School-Wide Prevention Strategies
Strategies include developing school policy concerning dating violence; assessing school climate; and engaging students, teachers, and parents in school-wide prevention activities. Materials from Choose Respect, a primary prevention initiative developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, are featured in this section.
Expect Respect™: Engaging Schools and Communities in Promoting Healthy Teen Relationships and Preventing Dating and Sexual Violence
This 1-day training is designed to assist advocates, school personnel and other community partners in developing a comprehensive dating and sexual violence prevention program. This training is provided in your community and customized to meet your needs. Please contact us for a sample training agenda and budget. We now offer a certification for sites who complete the full program training.
- Woman’s Place, McKeesport PA
- Davie Domestic Violence Services & Crisis Center, Mockesville NC
- Family Violence Prevention Services, Inc., San Antonio TXcertification
- South Dakota Coalition Ending Domestic & Sexual Violence
- New Mexico Attorney General’s Office
- Women’s Protective Services of Lubbock, Inc., Lubbock TX
- White Earth Dove Program, White Earth, MN
- Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Door UW-Extension & HELP of Door County, Sturgeon Bay WI
- Region XIII, Education Service Center, Austin TX
- Harmony House, LaGrange, GA and Troup County School System
- CALCASA, California
- Whte Buffalo Calf Woman Society, SD